Saturday, November 20, 2010

Inspiration



This week I've been challenging myself to find something in the world to inspire me, something that makes my heart stop and be amazed. One such inspiration was this beautiful tree extravagantly displaying it's beauty in transition.
Transition is something that often seems daunting and yet each year we are faced with the extreme beauty of the transition of seasons. It seems as if we must embrace the beauty of what we have now and let go of what we might have once had in order to fully enjoy the season we are in, and prepare for the season coming. This little tree was beside my car in a parking lot, to me it boldly displays how transition can look in our lives, in my life. It fills me with hope of the great adventures in my future and reminds me that this season in my life is stunning, and worthy of being captivated by. One day I too will have to let go of the leaves of this season to embrace the winter and prepare for spring and summer and fall and so on and so forth as the seasons of our lives continually change and present opportunities for growth. Today is a beautiful day full of hope and beauty it is our choice whether or not we will focus on it. Today I think I'll focus on beauty and hope and enjoy each breath I have and each moment, for life is full of little things that are easily overlooked, but precious when we remember to look at them and be filled with gratitude for the simple, amazing things about life.

1 comment: