Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Opelika, Al 10-29-10

I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Opelika, Al with school and serve under LeAnn Pearson just a few weeks ago. We went to a school down there and were able to teach the students about prophesy and why it is important and how to convey the heart of Father God to each other through prophetic words and art. I was given the role of teaching a prophetic art workshop to the students ranging in age from about 4th grade to seniors in high school. It was challenging to keep them focused and engaged and all but it was incredible the things that they saw and heard from God. It was such a blessing to meet these students and watch them hunger to know more of God and the beauty that He is and to seek out the mysteries of Him, it truly blessed me! I have found myself being given opportunities to grow in my hearts desire and leading prophetic art workshops was one such opportunity, it made me excited and nervous and wishing that I had more experience leading and teaching, which is awesome because it was one of those things that makes you realize what it is that you love. My love is leading people to encounter the Father, His heart for them inevitably pours out on them and forever changes them when they encounter Him, so whether I do that through speaking, leading them in a vision, or teaching art, it doesn't matter so long as it leads them into encountering His love I am satisfied.
One really fun thing was that I realized just how much what I say comes from the place I am with God right now, which is a romantic place. He has been passionately pursuing my heart and teaching me how to be pursued and loved, He does it through all the little things in life, by showing me clouds shaped like hearts, I have so many pictures of such clouds, and by saying things like look to your left, I planted those daisies there just so you could drive past them and know how much I love you right now. See He is the fulfillment of my hearts desire to be woo-ed and pursued and He placed the desires of my heart in my heart before the foundation of the world so He is the one who can fulfill those desires and I can look to Him for such encounters. Anyways since that is the way that I am currently relating to God it comes out in how I speak to people, that divine love that He lavishes on me pours forth onto others. It was revealed to me when two of the boys, probably freshmen or sophomores came up and asked me a question about the prophetic words that I had gotten for people before we met them, and I had written them down as I heard God speak. The boys asked me if that was how God always spoke to me, I said yes pretty much, and then one of them nodded his head and said, it just sounded so poetic, so romantic, and I responded with a smile, yes, that is how He always talks to me. It made me laugh and I realized that where we are with God really is evidenced around us simply by the way we talk. It makes me think about how in the Bible in Mark 14:70 Peter who is currently denying that he is one of the disciples of Jesus was called out, a girl said "Surely you are one of them; for you are a Galilean, and your speech shows it." This verse always made me wonder is my relationship with Jesus revealed by my speech or not, after this weekend, I dare say that it is revealed because the relationship with Jesus is going to pour out of us whether we realize it or not. If we are soaking in His love, then we leak it everywhere that we go, even if we are unaware of the effect we are having. Anyways that was such an amazing revelation to me, I wanted to share it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment