Friday, September 30, 2011

College Park Arts Festival Sept 24, 2011

I did my first arts festival last weekend and was only five dollars short of breaking even with my booth rental cost! I feel like I had a very successful day, gathering feedback and processing through what would be better to focus on for another show. I really enjoyed talking to people about my work and even had a my picture taken by a guys who does an article in a newspaper on emerging artists :) I was invited to be a part of two other arts festivals though they are both on the same day so we'll see what happens :)
I think for me the most significant part of the day was to watch people come into the booth and stare at my paintings, and I know that the Lord was doing things in their hearts while they looked at them. It was beautiful to watch. Those moments alone made the whole day of sitting there completely worth it. Sometimes I forget that my art is not just for me and the Lord to create together, but it is to be seen, that is what it is for, to transform lives by beauty and love and hope and joy. It was a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment